We departed Neah Bay about 90 minutes ago. The weather was stormy this morning and we debated waiting until Saturday, but carefully watched the bouy reports from outside Neah Bay and watched the wind speed drop to 5 mph and the wave height return to manageable levels. After a conversation with Bob our weather router we decided this afternoon was an opportune moment to head south.
After tidying up, reviewing our checklists and checking oil and various fluid levels, we brought up the anchor.
Our goal is to come into port in Oregon on Sunday, potentially at Coos Bay depending on how long the good weather holds out.